Teachers in election frontline
Vol. 1 Issue 5, May 2016, page 2
Arcely Dumayas Pasicolan
The Department of Education (DepEd) Board of Election Inspection (BEI) Teachers being the front liners and the face in conducting elections have always been playing a crucial role during election day.
Being a BEI Teacher during election, I would like to reveal and share some of the challenges and experiences we have been encountered.
- sacrificed skipping our meal (breakfast and suffer)
- Irritated from undisciplined and hardheaded voters. We have to exercise our maximum tolerance towards them.
- Too much tired from signing and thumb-marking for all the pertinent papers to be submitted.
- Nervousness and fear of the safety and effectiveness of the Vote Counting Machine (VCM) all throughout the process until finally transmitted the result to the different servers.
- Sleepless. Even how sleepy we were. We made sure the we were on the mindset because we were the vanguards of democracy in maintaining an honest, peaceful and successful conduct of elections. We must make sure in safeguarding the integrity of the ballots.
It is for this reason that we are exuding all means to support the COMELEC. It is for this reason that we have to be strong and smart to be looked-up to by the public worthy of trust and emulation for an honest and credible elections.